As a parent, I believe we all know and acknowledged that education cost is going to cost a toll for every parents. I was a PTPTN borrower to complete my degree. On top of my PTPTN, my parents still provide me with pocket money. I am truly thankful to my parents and PTPTN to support me throughout my university days. That was almost 20 years ago. Time really flies.
Maybe many of you have not heard of SSPN-i Plus (Skim Simpanan Pendidikan National @ National Education Saving Scheme). But I guess you have came across the term SSPN when you fill in your yearly LHDN income tax form. SSPN-i Plus in an effort by PTPTN for fellow Malaysian to save for higher education. The earlier version is called SSPN, SSPN-i Plus is a newer version with enhancement and different plan to cater for different needs.
So, should you invest in SSPN-i Plus? Here I would like to share 9 reasons why you should invest in SSPN-i Plus for your own or especially your childrens’ education purpose:
1) Education cost keep increasing. So, should start save early.
2) A trusted education saving scheme by PTPTN. Less worry as it’s backed by Malaysian government.
3) Convenient saving plans. You may open account through online or PTPTN offices or certified PTPTN online agent. For top up, you may top up through SSPN-i Plus online, monthly deduction from your salary, auto debit through selected local banks, online banking (MBB and CIMB), Jompay or and PTPTN offices nationwide.
4) Six different plans to cater different needs by each family. Plan starts from as low as RM30 per month.
5) Come with Death Benefit/Total Permanent Disability Benefit (TPD) up to RM1,000,000.
6) No medical check-up required.
7) Competitive dividend and it is tax exempted.
8) Occasionally, there will be lucky draws (Price up to RM1.5mil) for SSPN-i Plus depositor.
9) Enjoy income tax relief up to RM12,000. This is the immediate benefit enjoy by most parents enrolled for SSPN-i Plus.